Monday 23 January 2012

Another canvas

I promised one of my best friends a canvas for her birthday...last April. Unfortunately life got in the way and I didn't manage to make it until the autumn. The advantage to that is that I was able to use photos from a glorious day during our summer holiday in Wales when we visited the amazing Aberdulais Falls.

Although this is larger (16" x 16"), I used the same basic sketch as in my 'Hannah' canvas. I then used a mixture of acrylic paints and spray inks to create the background. Unfortunately the canvas didn't 'take' the ink terribly well so I ended up splattering acrylic from my paintbrush to create my splashes, instead of spritzing the inks, but I got there in the end!!!


'Waterfall canvas'
Supplies: Paper - Basic Grey, Bo Bunny, My Mind's Eye, Echo Park, Three Bugs in a Rug; Bazzill in stitch'z templates; Die-cut - Sizzix; Acrylic paint; Spray inks - Ranger Perfect Pearls Mists.

No comments:

Post a Comment