Tuesday 3 January 2012

Festival girl

Well the children don't go back to school 'til tomorrow, so there's no chance of me getting any scrapping done yet....but in the meantime here's a page I finished just before Christmas. I love these pictures of Jessie at Greenbelt the other year, and wanted to create a really colourful, festival feel to the page.

I used paper piecing to create both the background and some embellishments for this layout. First I used Fancy Pants 'Summer Soiree' Paper for the background and cut along the sun's 'rays' with a craft knife. I then stuck a variety of patterned paper pieces behind the holes and machine stitched along the joins, adding ric-rac for extra interest.
To create the girl and rainbow embellishments, I stamped them onto different scraps of patterned paper and then cut out each section, before glueing them back together.

I stepped right out of my comfort zone layering stickers and alphas and journaling boxes...but I loved making this page!

'Festival Girl'
Supplies: Paper & Cardstock – Fancy Pants, Creative Memories, We R Memory Keepers, Love Elsie, Junkitz; Stickers – Cosmo Cricket; Alphabets – American Crafts Thickers, Sticker Trendz; Journaling box – K & Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment