Saturday 6 November 2010

Scrap Canvas

At last! I've finished this canvas of Hannah when she was 4 days old. This is one of my favourite baby photos ever - I love how tiny she appears on Andy's arm - and I also quickly learnt to love the fact that she was asleep (a bit of a rarity for baby Hannah!). My grand plan is to make one of each of the children to put up in our bedroom - and as this didn't take too long I might even manage it!

'Hannah'
Supplies: paper - Fancy Pants, Creative Memories, The Girls Paperie; ribbon - RexHome; flowers - Prima; buttons - from an old pair of slippers; die-cuts - Sizzix 'tattered florals'; Bazzill in stitch'z;

I painted the canvas with some cheapy twinkly watercolours from the Works - I was going to use acrylics but I rather liked the sparkle from these paints and they seemed less heavy for a baby page. The rest of the layout is based on this sketch, minus the title and journaling:
I used my bazzill in stitch'z templates again to add some detail..and I'm really pleased with the result.

If you would like a chance to make your own canvas there will be a 'Scrap Canvas' class running from as part of the Scrap Happy Christmas Craft and Crop on 27th November. The 2-hour class starts at 11am and you can either come and scrap for the whole day or book for just the Scrap Canvas class. If you would like to know more please check out this page, or drop me an email .

No comments:

Post a Comment