Tuesday 6 November 2012

GoGoGetaway

I'm back! Earlier this year I took the decision to stop running Scrap Happy (my local crop). I ran it for almost four years and have made some lovely friends...and been inspired so many times over by other people's pages. I have really missed having a regular 'slot' in the month to scrap, but have appreciated having a bit more time on my hands as my work hours increased (and the number of clubs my children needed ferrying to also increased!).

Anyway, my scrapping has been almost non-existent...until last weekend! I had my first experience of a GoGoGetaway and I have already booked for next year:) Run by Janice and Lorraine of  the ScrapaGoGo kit club, it was an amazing weekend with 7 classes, challenges, prizes, late night scrapping and loads of chat. I loved that I made layouts using colours I normally don't touch, using techniques I would normally only read about..and I even made a layout with a photo of me on it! I've come home bursting with ideas (and a bit more paper to add to my stash!).

I made these two layouts as part of the (optional) sketch challenges. For each sketch challenge we were given a sketch and an example layout and the rules said we had to use at least one product from the manufacturers range.

My first layout is for the October Afternoon 'Woodland Park' challenge. The inspiration was this layout from the October Afternoon blog. I really love these papers and the range also has some lovely embellishments! These photos are from a family photoshoot we set up in our living room to get a shot for my Mums 70th birthday. None of these photos made the final cut...but they are great fun!


'Photoshoot'
Supplies: Paper & Cardstock - Bazzill swiss dot; October Afternoon, ; Embellishments - October Afternoon; Letter stickers - Prima, October Afternoon





And this layout is inspired by a sketch from this layout from Bean Talk the Jillibean Soup blog...with a strip of burlap thrown in from one of the classes:)


'Beach Boy'
Supplies: Paper - Simple Stories, Echo Park, Heidi Swapp; Alphas - Jillibean Soup; Embellishments - Jillibean Soup; Journaling cards - Lily Bee designs

No comments:

Post a Comment