Saturday 7 November 2009

I don't sew!

I don't sew! Whilst I admire those who cross stitch I haven't the patience for it myself...and I've always been pleased to hand curtains etc to my Mum to make! A couple of years ago I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas and my whole family mocked me and questioned whether I would use it.














My sewing machine is perfect - it's only little but as I only wanted to sew paper that's fine (and thankfully its not quite sturdy enough to sew curtains so they still go to my Mum).

Fast forward to the present...last week 'stitching' was the class focus at Scrap Happy and I've had a fab time getting stuck in with my needle and threads (though Scrap Happy was unusually quiet as we were concentrating so much!). We used both the machine and the bazill & papermania stiching templates and I think the stitching adds a lovely bit of texture to the layouts without being too heavy.


'Hannah'
Supplies: Paper - Basic Grey, Junkitz; Journaling stamps - Banana Frog, Heidi Swapp; Alphabet Stamps - Making Memories, Hero Arts


'Pudsey'
Supplies: Paper - October Afternoon, American Crafts, Doodlebug; Stamp - Stamps Away; Die cuts - Sizzix; Dymo labeller


'Relax'
Supplies: Paper & Cardstock - Creative Memories; Letter stickers - Thickers (American Crafts); Stamp - Stamps Away

'Beach fun'
Supplies: Paper: American Crafts, Fancy pants, Doodlebug, DCWV, K and Co; Letter stickers - Thickers (American Crafts); Paper flowers - petaloo;

As I had my machine out I then also added some stitching to a batch of cards I was making:


'Boys Rock' card
Supplies: Paper & Cardstock - Crate Paper, Papermania, Creative Memories; Die cut - Sizzix

...and of course, now I want to use stitching on everything - the layout I worked on at the next Scrap Happy felt a bit bare - I think it might need some sewing! Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment