Wednesday 21 October 2009

Scrapping without photos

These are some of the hardest layouts I've ever made - not because they are anything fancy but because they are about one of my best friends, Stephen, who died in a car accident last week.
A scrapbookers dilemma - I have so many memories of Stephen that I want to record and yet I've found I only have a handful of photos from university - nothing more recent. I guess in our twenties we felt no need to record the day to day stuff - everything seemed permanent (and there were no digital cameras!)
This first layout is simply an 'in loving memory' page, using a photo I found on facebook.
'Friends'
Supplies: Paper - Fancy Panys, Paper Pizazz, Scrap within reach, Core'dinations; Stamp - Stamps away; dymo labeller
This next one however was more of a challenge. We used to spend hours listening to music and browsing in HMV and Virgin...but our musical tastes were really different. He loved shiny, trashy pop and I was a bit of an indie girl. There were just a few things we agreed on and I wanted to remember some of the gems. I have listed (with my trusty dymo labeller!) some of our favourite tracks. The 'friends' tag can be lifted to open up the circle, revealing far more journaling about favourite songs, concerts, memories etc.
'Playlist'
Supplies: Paper - Fancy Pants, Scrap within reach, Core'dinations; Alphas - thickers, MAMBI; border punch - Martha Stewart; Stamp - Stamps away; dymo labeller
Some of you know how much I try to get everyone journaling - but I hadn't expected to lose the photos all together! However I am sure I will be making more 'photo-less' pages about Stephen - a very special person to remember :)

2 comments:

  1. hello catherine, how are you? love your blog xx not been upto blogging recently as too much going on.... hope to pop and see you soon and do some making xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa - thanks for looking - I thought it was about time I had a bash at blogging! I look forward to catching up sometime (and scrapping lots!)xxx

    ReplyDelete