Thursday 16 June 2011

Books on the go


I love reading! As a child I read under the covers by torchlight (and now tell my children off for the same offence!). Taking inspiration from Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers course I thought I'd try to add a quick weekly post about what I'm reading at the moment. Having always read avidly I have found myself dipping into magazines more in recent years, as life with three small children meant I didn't have the time (or energy) to get properly stuck into a book. I loved Scrapbook Inspirations - and still miss it:(
But now, with the children all at school and all sleeping through the night, I have been making up for lost time. I'm still sometimes limited to grabbing a few pages whilst I clean my teeth but I've enjoyed catching up with a few old favourites and finding some new gems!

And for the past couple of weeks I've been having an Austen fest. I've reread Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma and Persuasion countless times..but can't remember the last time I read Northanger Abbey or Mansfield Park, so I've thoroughly enjoyed it. I love the modernity of the books - I always tend to think that facetious, understated sarcasm is a very modern style of humour...until I read Austen and realise that people have been the same for a long time regardless of the outward trappings. Anyway, I hope to finish Mansfield Park today and then its on to Sense and Sensibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment