Tuesday 12 July 2011

To journal or not to journal???

The big question about this layout was whether or not to add any journaling. I'm a big fan of getting the stories down, especially in the children's albums...but as you can see, on this occasion I opted out. The photos look great but in actual fact Tom didn't have such a good afternoon. Before the races, the children have a choice of about thirty activities dotted around the field...and the real story is that it all proved too much for Tom and he had a huge stroppy meltdown. The happy photos at the end are thanks to the miracle working of his teacher.
So there is a story to tell, but I chose not to tell it. I really do believe in 'warts and all' journaling...but in years to come does Tom need to read that he had a bad day and it was embarassing for me having a wailing son in front of all the other parents? I thought not! I'm sure those of us who had happy childhoods also had 'meltdown' days but our memories filter out some of those bits. I'm happy for Tom's memory to do the same:)

'I ran in a race'
Supplies: Paper and cardstock - Creative Memories, Bazzill, SEI, The Girls Paperie; Stickers - American Crafts 'Thickers', Cosmo Cricket 'Tiny Type', My Little Shoebox 'Mini Alphabet Sticker'; Journaling boxes - October Afternoon, Echo Park; Bunting punch - Woodware

And at last...I have used my new 'bunting' punch on a layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment