Monday 11 July 2011

Time flies!

Well, time flies! I can't believe I am now the Mum of a ten year old! It's fun (yet scary) to watch her become more independent and grown up. And to think that she has only one more year left at primary school!
Anyway, the challenge for me was what card to make for an "in-betweenie" - not too babyish, but not too grown up. Favourite colours blues and purples...but NOT pink!
I remembered some old Rusty Pickle paper lurking in my stash that seemed suitably 'doodly' and found some cool badges in Paperchase...and this is what I came up with....


Supplies: Cardstock - Bazzill Bling; Paper - Rusty Pickle; Badges - Paperchase; Stamps - Sizzix; Punches - woodware; Die-cut numbers - sizzix 'bigz sassy serif numbers'

I coloured the paper using my pro-markers (fantastic pens btw). I used pliers to remove the pins from the back of the badges, and then attached them to the card using sticky foam pads. The card then opens to reveal a big glittery '10' cut using sizzix dies.



I am now thinking of all the other cards I could make using badges...so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment