Monday 13 September 2010

Starting school

Big news - Tom started school last Monday! He seems to have really settled in and is loving it so far - though he is so tired that most days he has been in his pyjamas by 1.30pm (he's only doing mornings at the moment!).

And this has left me with a little bit more time...to do housework, or shopping, or school planning, or......
I had a lovely time last week. I spent one morning making cards, another scrapbooking and another meeting a friend for coffee at Barleylands and visiting Sugar and Spice! Very little housework got done! Maybe this week....

I spent my scrapbooking morning catching up on the children's school albums. I've got a school album for each of the children. As well as the school photos, I have also included ballet and swimming and brownies stuff...and there are also plastic pockets to hold certificates and other memorabilia. This is one project I am deternmined to complete!

I had a lovely time looking back at their 'first day at school' photos - and enjoyed using these gorgeous letter stickers from Echo Park.


Here are a few of my 'school album' pages:

'Tom's first day at school'
Supplies: Paper & journaling boxes - fancy pants; letter stickers - Creative Memories, Echo Park; Stamp - My Mind's Eye

'A new rainbow'
Supplies: Paper - Kaiser Craft, Creative Memories, : Letter stickers - American Crafts 'thickers'; Dymo labeller; Ric-rac

'Back to school'
Supplies: Paper - Creative Memories, Fancy Pants ; Stickers - Echo Park;

'Friends'
Supplies: Paper - Bazzill swiss dot, Collage Press, Creative Memories; Stickers - Echo Park, K & Co; Punch - Martha Stewart; Loopy swirl - sizzix;

No comments:

Post a Comment